Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baby Shower

A few weeks ago, my sister Danika and best friend Whitney put on a beautiful shower for me, and I’m excited to share a few photos with you today. I told them that as far as themes go, I was going for soft pinks and gold when it comes to the baby room – so they could take it from there. I also mentioned that I saw this idea of a headband making station, and would love if they could do something like that too – the reason being, is it would be nice to have a nice selection of headbands for our little girl to wear while in the NICU, as she will be unable to wear all the cute newborn outfits.

Being the control freak I am, I started looking for invitations back in January to order, and I came across one that was for a Baby Shower Brunch. I thought that it would be a great idea, and showed it to Danika and Whitney. They loved the invitation, so I ordered them, and Danika came up with the brilliant idea of having a Waffle Bar. So invitations went out (my mom had a good laugh when she found out that I was the one who addressed and mailed them out myself, as it was a typical Kierra thing to do. Like I said – I have difficulty giving up control!), and Danika and Whitney got busy planning.
 
I was really looking forward to this shower, as it’s been a hard pregnancy emotionally, and I just wanted a day to celebrate with friends and family. Danika and Whitney were able to make my wishes a reality, and everyone commented on how lovely everything looked. Lots of people came, and our little house was FULL! The Waffle Bar was a success, and people really got their creative juices flowing and made some beautiful headbands. Nick and I got so many gorgeous and generous gifts for our little girl, and I am just so thankful to everyone that was able to make it and show their support.


1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I love the headbands stations - so fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete