Sunday, February 23, 2014

Whitefish

It’s about time I post about Whitefish. Last year we enjoyed such an amazing trip to Fernie with our friends for a quick Ski Trip (you can read about it here), so we decided to plan another trip for this year. I don’t know how it was decided, but we picked to go to Whitefish instead, and I am SO GLAD we did. We ended up with a nicer cabin for about the same cost as last year, and overall food and gas was cheaper than if we had stayed in Alberta or BC. Seriously, I was expecting Banff pricing at restaurants, so I was very surprised at how cheap it was to eat out (even with the dollar exchange). We decided that because Whitefish was a little farther to get too, that we should book for 5 days instead of 3. We found this amazing cabin that was just 10 minutes from downtown Whitefish located on a private acreage surrounded by lots of trees. It just felt so secluded and magical. Back when we booked this trip I was already pregnant, so I already knew I wasn’t going to participate in the skiing aspect, but that’s okay, because I was looking forward to the company and relaxing part anyways.
Overall it was a perfect week of relaxation, mountains, snow (lots and lots of snow), fun, games, and company. I’m not sure what the next year will bring, but I hope that if possible, we can still do a ski trip next year. 

The boys enjoying the hot tub while deep in conversation
Sean and Calvin making some of their own fun
The cutest little coffee shop in all of Whitefish
Downtown Whitefish

No comments:

Post a Comment